Think you know Russian culture? Think again!
Did you know these interesting facts about Russia?
- The icicles hanging from the gutters in Moscow in winter are so enormous that the pavements below are cordoned off in fear of endangering the lives of passerby’s
- Chicken’s foot soup (kholodets) is a traditional delicacy
- It’s considered weak to lower the ear flaps on your Ushanka (fur hat) unless the temperature drops below -20C
- Traffic in Moscow is so bad that wealthy Russians hire fake ambulances to beat the jams
- As the world’s largest country, Russia occupies one-tenth of all the land on Earth. It spans 11 time zones across two continents (Europe and Asia) and has shores on three oceans (the Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic Ocean).