Think you know Chinese culture? Think again!
Did you know these interesting facts about China?
- China’s economy grew 7 times as fast as America’s over the past decade (316% growth vs. 43%)
- The sunrise in parts of China can be as late as 10am because they joined five time zones into one
- Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in 1920 by a worker in a noodle factory in San Francisco.
- Many historians believe soccer originated in China around 1000 B.C.
- White, rather than black, is the Chinese color for mourning and funerals.
Do you regularly work with the Chinese? Have you ever considered the impact cultural differences have on your potential to do business?