Think you know British culture? Think again!
Did you know these interesting facts about the UK?
- At its peak in the 18th century, the British Empire stretched 20% of the world’s surface and contained a quarter of the world’s population
- The United Kingdom recently named chicken tikka masala as its national dish, which is a spicy curry created in Britain and is unheard of in India itself.
- James Bond’s code “007” was inspired by the author Ian Fleming’s bus route from Canterbury to London
- An estimated 2 billion people around the world watched the wedding ceremony of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011
- More languages (300) are spoken in London than in any other country in the world